TOP NEW CARDS
Ashen Rider –
as an obvious upgrade to Angel of Despair
this one finds it’s way into Reanimator. Not only do you gain the effect both in and out it also exiles the permanent instead of just destroying it.
– as a very versatile answer card for just one blue mana this one finds its way into the sideboards of most blue based decks as a one of.
– could be poised to be a premier sweeper as it is able to even get through all forms of protection. Since it reduces toughness instead of dealing damage it is much more effective and can even be used to remove otherwise extremely difficult to answer cards like Emrakul
. Also is able to get in under Gaddock Teeg
True-Name Nemesis – here’s the big new card…and what a card it is. While not unbeatable by any means it is still something that needs to be answered almost immediately or you will find yourself facing the inevitable. So much stronger then Progenitus, which is the only other card with a similar ability, because this protection still allows it to carry a Sword or Jitte. Truly shines in Stoneforge decks.
– hasn’t been showing up in numbers yet but has a high potential payoff. This will frustrate many player when it unexpectedly shuffles away a key permanent in response to them cracking a fetch
or casting a Stoneforge
– this was an important card to get reprinted with the surge of Shardless BUG decks.
– the split second was a key element in how this card was used to combat against Counterbalance
before Abrupt Decay
, but it is still a very versatile sideboard choice regardless of the mana cost.
– while only appearing as a one of it is as always an amazing dig spell which can realistically set up two or three great draw steps at a minimal cost.
– has always been one of the best disruption spells because of it has very small limitations on targets.